Power to Change is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy. From December 21 2001, we became bound by new sections of the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, which setout a number of principles concerning the protection of your persona linformation.
Following is the information that the Privacy Act requires us to communicate to all our customers, staff, missionaries, and ministry partners or supporters. We recommend that you keep this information for future reference.
Your personal information
Personal information held by Power to Change may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone /mobile phone number, email address, bank account or credit card details and occupation. We also hold details of your financial support and donations,including the Power to Change workers and ministries you may be supporting.
If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require,or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
How we collect personal information
Power to Change collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you, when you fill in documents such as a contact card, Ministry Partner Form and application form.
- From third parties
- From publicly available sources of information
- From the organisations identified below, under 'When We Disclose Your Personal Information'
- From our own records
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- Provide the services you require
- Administer and manage those services, including charging and billing for services
- Inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved
- Conduct appropriate checks for credit-worithiness and for fraud
- Research and develop our services
- Gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with better service
- Maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems
When we disclose your personal information
For the purposes set out above we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside Power to Change. The organisations to which we disclose information include:
Outsourced service providers (if applicable) who manage the services we provide to you, including:
- Banks and other financial institutions (such as superannuation funds)
- Customer enquiries
- Mailing systems
- Billing and debt-recovery services
- Information technology services
- Installation, maintenance and repair services
- Market research
Your representatives (e.g. your authorised representatives or legal advisors)
- Credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies
- Credit providers for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing
- Our professional advisors, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers
- Government and regulatory authories and other organisations, as required or authorised by law
- Organisations involved in:
A transfer / sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables)
Managing our corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitisation)
other telecommunication and information service providers
- our related companies
Help us to ensure we hold information
Power to Change takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That's why we recommend that you:
- Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information
- Keep us up to date with changes to personal information such as your name and address
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subjects to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request into writing for security reasons.
Power to Change reserves the right to charge a fee for searching and providing access to your information.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us on (03) 9014 7584 between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.