Direct Debit request: I/We request POWER TO CHANGE (“PTC”) [User ID No 612140, 612141], to arrange through its own financial institution, for any amount PTC may debit or charge me/us to be debited through the Bulk Electronic Clearing System for an account held at the financial institution identified below and paid to the Debit User, subject to the terms and conditions of the Direct Debit Service Agreement. I understand my/our account will be debited on the next day or a future date selected by you.
POWER TO CHANGE Direct Debit Terms & Conditions
1. By ticking our Terms and conditions box, online, the donor (“you”) have agreed and have authorised PTC (“we/us/our”) to arrange for funds to be debited from your account (Direct Debit Request).
2. The details of the Direct Debit Request drawing arrangements (amount-frequency-weekly-monthly date) are as selected by yourself online.
3. We will only arrange for funds to be debited from your account as authorised in the Direct Debit Request (which could be one-off or on a recurring basis).
4. If the debit day falls on a day that is not a banking day, we may direct your financial institution to debit your account on the following banking day. If you are unsure about which day your account has or will be debited you should ask your financial institution.
5. We may vary any details of this agreement or a Direct Debit Request at any time by giving you at least fourteen (14) days’ written notice by letter, phone call or email.
6. We reserve the right to cancel the Direct Debit Request if three or more drawings are returned unpaid by your nominated Financial Institution & to arrange with you an alternative payment method.
7. You may change, stop or defer a debit payment, or terminate this agreement by providing us with at least fourteen (14) days’ notification by emailing to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning us on 03 9014 7584 during business hours.
8. It is your responsibility to ensure that there are sufficient clear funds available in your account to allow a debit payment to be made in accordance with the Direct Debit Request.
9. If there are insufficient clear funds in your account to meet a debit payment: (a) you may be charged a fee and/or interest by your financial institution; (b) you must arrange for the debit payment to be made by another method or arrange for sufficient clear funds to be in your account by an agreed time so that we can process the debit payment.
10. It is your responsibility to ensure that the authorisation given to draw on the nominated account, is identical to the account signing instruction held by the Financial Institution where the account is based.
11. It is your responsibility to advise us if the account nominated by you as part of this agreement is transferred or closed.
12. It is your responsibility to arrange with us a suitable alternative payment method if the drawing arrangements in this agreement are cancelled either by yourselves or the nominated Financial Institution.
13. You should check your account statement to verify that the amounts debited from your account are correct.
14. Where you consider that a drawing has been initiated incorrectly (outside of this agreement) you should take the matter up directly with us.
15. If PTC is liable to pay goods and services tax (“GST”) on a supply made in connection with this agreement, then you agree to pay PTC on demand an amount equal to the consideration payable for the supply multiplied by the prevailing GST rate.
16. We will keep any information (including your account details) in your Direct Debit Request confidential. We will make reasonable efforts to keep any such information that we have about you secure and to ensure that any of our employees or agents who have access to information about you do not make any unauthorised use, modification, reproduction or disclosure of that information.
17. We will only disclose information that we have about you: (a) to the extent specifically required by law; or (b) for the purposes of this agreement (including disclosing information in connection with any query or claim).