In Australia, we have found that couples are in need of deep relationships not only with one another, but also with a group of peers. It’s great to relax and have a real, honest discussion about relationships and how we can challenge each other to grow. Homebuilders is a marriage enrichment workshop series that is designed to do just that.
These groups are great for people wherever they are in their spiritual journey because people are hungry for real solutions to their problems. As a result of being involved in Homebuilders, we’ve seen couples resolve significant conflicts, learn to communicate well with each other and fall in love all over again. The best part is that they are easy to facilitate, full of good interactions and laughter plus the only homework is to have a date with your partner!
HomeBuilders are a series of relationship workshops designed for you and your mates. Each Homebuilder spends 6-7 sessions focusing in on a different relational topic. In each session, you have a real conversation with a few other couples as you talk about and learn some new principles. Between meetings, each couple is encouraged to have a date night where you and your partner walk through some extra material designed to help you dig into the practical details of how the topic applies to your relationship. Whether you’ve been married for years or are newly married, a new parent or seasoned parent, these workshops will help you discover timeless principles that you can apply to strengthen your relationship.
- Building Teamwork in Your Marriage
- Building Your Marriage to Last
- Resolving Conflict in Your Marriage
- Improving Communication in Your Marriage
- Building Up Your Spouse
- Guiding Your Teenagers
HomeBuilders Teaches Biblical Marriage Principles:
- Addresses real life marriage issues in a way that will be helpful to your relationship
- Creates an atmosphere for couples to connect on a deeper level
- Helpful for people wherever they are on their spiritual journey
- Helps couples learn to apply basic spiritual principles to their lives in a practical way
- Teaches the building blocks to construct a stronger, deeper, happier relationship and family
HomeBuilders is versatile and practical to Use:
- Offers a diverse selection of topics suitable for couples in any stage of marriage
- Requires a short-term commitment of 6 to 12 weeks and needs no written preparation from group members
- Requires a “facilitator”, not an expert teacher, and minimal preparation to lead a group
- Encourages completion of a weekly “HomeBuilders Project”, a one hour fun activity and conversation, for couples outside of the group
HomeBuilders Encourages and Strengthens Families:
- Spurs conversation between partners
- Provides encouragement and accountability between couples and group participants
- Increases awareness of and participation in further relationship enrichment opportunities