QLD NSW Mid Year Conference 2021
Date: 11:00am, 28 June 2021 - 4:00pm, 2 July 2021
What do we do when our world falls apart? What hope do we have for the future? Come and explore how being part of God's Kingdom gives us hope for the future and also for our lives right now. Students from NSW and QLD will come together for 5 days to hear Peter Lu, our guest speaker, unpack what the Bible has to say about being part of God's Kingdom now and into the future. There will be times to worship in song, receive practical training, hear stories about what God is doing in people's lives and get to know more about how Power To Change can help you while you're at Uni. There will also be times to mindle and make new friends. Whether you are exploring what it means to follow Jesus, are just getting to know him or you've been following Jesus for many years, please join us!
We are looking forward to seeing you there
Lowei, Andy, Joseph and Stacey
- Clothes for the 5 days 4 nights event
- Notebook, pen, bible
- Enclosed shoes (enclosed shoes need to be worn in the dining area)
- Togs/ swimmers and towel if you wish to go to the beach
- Bedding (the site does not provide any bedding only a mattress. please bring sheets, sleeping bag/blanket, pillow and towel)
- Hand sanitiser
- Electronic device for conference app/ digital training
- Face Masks
81 Byrnes Rd N
Joyner QLD 4500
In your registration you will select whether you will make your own way to conference, need a lift or are driving and can take people. Once registration closes, if you have asked for a lift or can take people more information will be sent to you.
If you cannot remember what you selected please contact Stacey Kerr.
Account: 1057 1602
Reference: MYC initial last name (eg MYC J Smith)
Who will be there?
University students studying across Queensland and New South Wales, missionaries, volunteers and whoever else wants to join us for the week.
Can I invite my friends that are not involved with Power To Change?
Yes! We welcome all young adults, you don't need to be involved with Power To Change on campus to attend.
Can I invite my not yet Christian friends?
Yes! MYC is an awesome opportunity for them to witness Christian community, hear awesome talks, and have a chance to have their questions answered.
What do we get up to at MYC?
We worship, pray, have fellowship, eat, have fun and sometimes get sleep.
What is the accommodation like?
Who will I be roomed with?
On your registration you would have been asked to add in suggestions. We do our best to accommodate those requests but can't always do so. If you are a heavy snorer or a light sleeper please let us know.
Can I swap rooms?
Due to COVID we are unlikely able to swap people around in rooms. We need to know who is in what room for the fire registry.
Where is registration?
What time is registration?
Registration is 11am 28th June.
I registered for conference and can no longer attend, what can I do?
When does registration close?
Registration closes at 11:55pm 27th May. Site forms are due four weeks before the event and an extra couple of days so that the team can sort out room allocations.
Can someone be added after registration closes?
We cannot add to our numbers once the forms have been sent in. If someone pulls out after rego is closed, a new person can replace them, but only if they are the same gender.
When are payments due?
What can I do if I cannot afford the full amount?
The MYC team is working along side our National Crisis Response Team to have a COVIDSafe event. We will be monitoring the situation in Qld and we will work together in keeping us all COVIDSafe.
The conference team will
- Encourage all attendees to download the COVIDSafe app
- Work with the venue to have a COVIDSave environment
- Set up our meeting spaces to accommodate social distancing
- Provide hand sanitiser in multiple locations to encourage frequent hand washing
- Temperture checks on arrival to the venue and each morning before Breakfast
- Send attendees information on any any hot spot locations in the lead up to conference
We ask that attendees
- Download the COVIDSave app
- Do not attend conference if they are unwell
- Do not attend conference if they have been contacted as part of contact tracing efforts or have been in an area that is deemed a Hotspot
- Practise good hygiene
- Practise social distancing
|Event Date||11:00am, 28 June 2021|
|Event End Date||4:00pm, 2 July 2021|
|Registrations Close||11:55pm, 25 May 2021|